Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Counting Cookies


I originally saw this idea over at Counting Coconuts and knew I wanted to make some for Sweet Girl.  They were super easy to make.  All you need is felt (I used brown and black), thread/needle, fabric glue and some batting/interfacing.  I used a large cup to trace my circles onto the felt.  Then I cut them out and placed a piece of batting in between the two pieces.  I hand stitched them together and used fabric glue to glue on my "chocolate chips".

We've had fun playing with these in our play kitchen.  Sometimes we will count the cookies, sometimes we will count the chocolate chips.  Sometimes I'll ask her to bring me the cookie with "just one chocolate chip" or the cookie with "the most chocolate chips", etc..  And then sometimes she will bring them to me and say "hey mom....look it has one chocolate chip".

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! I think I may have to try these. I love that they can be used in a number of different ways, whether it's counting or just during pretend play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! Can you please send some of your craftiness my way! But, I'm thinking even I may be able to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, what a great way to teach children maths whilst playing. I love felted toys, as do my children, so we are going to have to make some of these. Would be great done as white choc chip and smartie or m&m cookies with multi colours for rainbow loving littlies too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...