Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ABC Fun - ABCD Letter Review

Instead of starting a new letter this week, I decided to do a "review" of A, B, C and D.  Sweet Girl is pretty good at recognizing the letters and usually knows their sound, but I wanted to put together some activities for us to do just to reinforce what she has already learned.


Alphabet Soup
This muffin mold is perfect for our letter review since it has four different columns.  Sweet Girl used the spoon to "ladle" the letters from the bowl to the muffin mold.  I left the top row completed so she could see where the additional letters were supposed to go.


Sweet Girl had fun doing this and loved spooning the letters into the muffin mold.


Letter matching with colored alphabet stickers


What a great letter recognition and matching activity!  These alphabet stickers are from the Creatology section of Michaels and have been a great purchase so far!



For the next activity, I decided to have Sweet Girl match up the different objects with the correct letter and sound.  I only had her do two letters at a time (A,B and C,D). 

A and B object sorting


C and D object sorting


I had to give her lots of sound clues ("Here is a "c-c-c-cupcake") initially, but each time we practiced it got easier and easier for her.

Sweet Girl also played with this great ABC puzzle I picked up at Target for a $1.  It's a little tricky because you really have to look at the letter to figure out where it goes. 


Check back on Friday to see our alphabet review crafts!!



2 comments:

  1. Great, simple ideas for the little ones. I love it!!!

    Hop over to my site! I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Fridays link party.
    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com

    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously....the kid is a genius! She is SO lucky to have you for a mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...